Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
six-h via OfficeKB.com six-h via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default How do I find and re-name Normal.dot

Thanks JoAnn,
That's a useful tip, and I'll try to remember it for future!
By the way, I'm using "Word2002", and noticed when fixing this problem the
other day, that on both occasions that I have needed to do so, there were two
instances of the Global template in existence at the same time.
I've now got two"Normalold.dot's" and two "oldNormal.dot's" I think maybe now
it's safe to delete one set, at least!

Regards.
Geoff Vost.

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Don't forget that you can use Google Groups to search for older posts in the
Microsoft newsgroups. I've been doing that a bit lately myself. I'm trying
to learn Access and have questions that I know had to have been asked
before. ;-)

You should only have one normal.dot. Have you tried using Windows
Explorer?

[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]

six-h