Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Merged cells

That's exactly the point: you end up with the same table either way. And in
HTML, it *IS* the same table either way. What are you actually trying to do?

"Jorge" wrote in message
I'll give you a practical example to clarify my question a bit mo

I get the same properties for a 3x3 table in which Cell(1,3) and Cell(2,3)
are merged and a 3x3 table in which Cell(2,2) and Cell(2,3) are merged.

Certainly, these tables are not the same, so I cannot simply count the
number of rows and columns because I'd end up with the same table in both
cases.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Depends what 'identify them' means for you. You can get some information
by
comparing the .Row, .RowIndex, .Column and .ColumnIndex properties.

But the problem is ultimately indeterminate, because there's no
underlying
'correct' table from which the merging causing deviations. The table
model
is really a somewhat fuzzy beast.

You can create an HTML table from a Word table without reference to cell
merging: just count the number of cells in each row and column, and go
from
there.

"Jorge" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I'm developing my own macro to convert a Microsoft Word document in an
HTML
document.
Tables with merged cells are a major problem, since I can detect the
existence of merged cells but I cannot identify them. Anyone can give
me a
tip?

Thanks

Jorge