Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Adding New Merge Field

If you start the merge from Outlook, you can merge any field available in
Outlook - including custom fields.
See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Noella wrote:
How do I add a new merge field to an existing recipient list?
Clicking EditCustomize only works if your data source is saved with
.mdb (access database). If however, your information is taken from
Outlook Contacts and you wish to add another field, such as Salary,
clicking Edit doesn't allow you to add another field.

Hope you can understand my garbled question and thanks in advance for
any advice you can give me.

... Noella