Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

Default Style confusion

Besides reading the material at http://www.shaunakelly.com/word and
linked articles about styles, you may have to experiment a little! Do
some testing on an unimportant document, creating a style and then
basing some styles on it, to get a better understanding of the
concept. Feel free to come back with questions, if necessary.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"reades" wrote in message
Know what you mean Colleen. I've been trying to understand styles

for ages
and its driving me nuts too. Shauna Kelly's stuff is good up to a

point. I
follow the instructions and click away merrily but I struggle to

understand
what I'm actually doing. Maybe someone knows of a helpful learning

resource
out there.
Rod

"Colleen E" wrote:

I have been reading a lot on styles in MS Word 2003, and have used

them,
but remain confused about "linking" and "based on" concepts. I

thought I
was doing OK, until I read that if you base a style on "no style",

you
have to "set the language" because no style has no proofing by

default.
I have read a lot on the subject, ie. "understanding styles",

etc., but
cannot seem to find anything that explains these things.

Instructions
like "link your styles" totally confuse me. Is there anything

anyone
can recommend that I have missed? I am starting to feel that I'll

never
"get" styles, and I know how important they are! Thanks! Colleen.

--
Colleen E