Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Tabs

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:48:04 -0800, Tony Penna
wrote:

When creating a numbered list in Word 2003, I can type Enter to create the
next numbered item in the list. When I type Tab to change the number to a
letter (for example, to change 2 to 1a), all that happens is the cursor moves
over one tab space and the 2 stays there. What setting needs to be changed
so that the tab key will change the number to a letter?

Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type "Set left- and
first-indent with tabs and backspaces" needs to be checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman