Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Merge with Percentage field looses formatting

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Rone wrote:
I'm having difficulty getting a percentage field from and Excel sheet
to properly format when I merge it with Word. I've had no problems
getting currency fields to format, but for some reason I can't get
the percentages to format right.

Here is the switch code I'm using: {MERGEFIELD "CAM_PERCENT" * 100
\#"##.##%"} This displays .0388% But I want it to display 3.88%.
I've also tried using 0's and moving the decimal around, but it
hasn't helped me any. I saw somewhere where someone used \#"0%", but
this only displays '0%' when merged.

I'm a bit new to this switching stuff. Does my version of Word have
anything to do with this? Its Word 2003 Professional v. 11.5604

Thanks for the help