Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rone

Default Merge with Percentage field looses formatting

It worked! Thanks Peter. You were exactly right. I was typing in the {}
instead of using CTRL-F9 to insert them. I've been messing around for hours
on that! Thanks again for your help. Must be a common newbie mistake.

Thanks again!
--
Rone

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

All the {} need to be the special field braces you can insert using ctrl-F9,
not the ordinary { and } characters you can insert using the keyboard.

that's my best guess as to what's wrong, anyway...

Peter Jamieson
"Rone" wrote in message
Doug -- I get a "Syntax Error" when I use the following switch: { = {
MERGEFIELD CAM_PERCENT } * 100 \# 0.00% }

I also tried connecting using the DDE stuff, but I lost all my fields
during
the merge, and there are a lot of fields to lose. I think at this point
I'd
rather try to get the percent stuff to work. I just don't understand why
it
works fine for currency fields, but the percent fields it does not.

...any ideas why?

--
Rone

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

For the following values of CAM_PERCENT, the following field construction
will give the results indicated

{ = { MERGEFIELD CAM_PERCENT } * 100 \# 0.00% }

0.0388 3.88%
3.88 388.00%

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rone" wrote in message
I'm having difficulty getting a percentage field from and Excel sheet
properly format when I merge it with Word. I've had no problems
getting
currency fields to format, but for some reason I can't get the
percentages
format right.

Here is the switch code I'm using: {MERGEFIELD "CAM_PERCENT" * 100
\#"##.##%"} This displays .0388% But I want it to display 3.88%.
I've
also tried using 0's and moving the decimal around, but it hasn't
helped
me
any. I saw somewhere where someone used \#"0%", but this only displays
'0%'
when merged.

I'm a bit new to this switching stuff. Does my version of Word have
anything to do with this? Its Word 2003 Professional v. 11.5604

Thanks for the help
--
Rone