Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Dennis Hughes

Default New Newsletter

Suzanne,

Once again you come to my rescue. It works normally now.

Thanks,

Dennis

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
That's not a text box; that's the drawing canvas. Your text box is in the
drawing canvas. To get a text box without the drawing canvas, disable the
option on the General tab of Tools | Options.

so
all may benefit.

"Dennis Hughes" wrote in message
I went to insert and selected Text Box and a box appeared in my document
with the words "Create your drawing here". I click in the center and a
small box appears. It wouldn't take any typed text.

I'm using Office 2003 on a XP platform.

Dennis

"Jezebel" wrote in message
You type it in, same as any other text.

If that's not working, perhaps you drew a rectangle rather than a

textbox?

"Dennis Hughes" wrote in message
I'm making a new newsletter for the first time and want to have a
vertical "text box" or frame on the left side.

This text would be the staff, etc. that doesn't change from issue to
issue.

I make a text box ok but I can't enter text in it and the help is no

help
in this instance.

How do you enter text in a text box?

Thanks and perplexed,