Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Automatically date stamp filename when save?

Hi Sync-opy

Sync-opy wrote:
Is it possible to have Word automatically save a doc under a new filename
with a current date - time stamp automatically appear in the new filename.

See for instance:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...35f528 842a44

I'm having difficulty juggling different versions of a master doc and the
"Save as version" option just isn't cutting it.

_That_ really does not surprise me: you definitely do *not* want to mix
master documents and Word's internal versions feature. Either one is
difficult at best, prone to corrupt your documents if handled badly --
together, I don't think you will find many people wanting to test this
combo ... :-)

Greetinx
Robert
--