Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Locating Mail Merge Data Source

If it is a .doc and you only have one such document and could email it
to me (despam my address by removing killmaps from
) then I can try to find out for you.

If it's a .rtf or .xml (unlikely!) you can use a text editor to find out

If it's a .docx/.docm, rename it to a .zip, then extract the
document.xml file and look at it in a text editor.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 05/03/2010 18:20, Just George wrote:
If I've forgotten what the name of my data source is, how can I determine it
after opening the Main Document?
I cannot remember what the source file is called so I cannot locate it to
edit it. Isn't there a way to find out the name of the source file from
within the main document?