Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Round number down in mail merge

try

{ =int({ MERGEFIELD mynumber }*10)/10 }

where all the {} are the special field code brace pairs that you can
insert using ctrl-F9, and "mynumber" is the name of your mergefield.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 04/04/2010 16:32, Andy Roberts wrote:
I have a number being merged from excel which is formatted to 1 decimal
place in excel (e.g. 1.6). When it comes through to word as part of the
mail merge it displays as a true number (1.666666666666667) and I want it to
display to 1dp. I'm aware of switches to control formatting but don't know
how to do this with number formats / decimal places within the word doc.

Can anyone shed light on it?