Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] is offline

Default Page number arithmetic in field codes?

You can do it. Just be aware that, if you have a TOC, what will be displayed
there is the result of the PAGE field, not the calculated field.

"tom5490" wrote in message ...

Does anyone know how to do arithmetic using the PAGE field code to get
automatic page numbers? I want to do something like this (this does NOT
work):
{ = { PAGE } + 1 \* Arabic \* MERGEFORMAT }
The idea is, I want to use the automatic page numbering in a header or
footer, and would normally use { PAGE \* Arabic \* MERGEFORMAT }, but I
want to have the number printed to be ONE GREATER THAN the current value
of PAGE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
tom5490