jmh117 jmh117 is offline
Junior Member

Default Blank Line with If...then...else field

Hello,

I'm trying to create a document that will have one address block when the field Agent in my source document is "self" and two address blocks when Agent is not self.

Currently I have the following code for the full address (not using the address block function as I have two addresses in the document and extra text that I want included ("c/o" and "Agent for"):

{IF {MERGEFIELD Agent}= "self" "" "c/o {MERGEFIELD Agent", Agent for Recipient}
{AgentAdd1}
{AgentAdd2}
{AgentCity \f ", "}{AgentState \f " "}{AgentZip}

The merge properly suppresses the line breaks if there is no data in the source document, however, if "self" is in the Agent field in the source document, I get a blank line where the "If...then...else" field is and suppressed lines for the rest of the address block.

For example:

If Ebeneezer Scrooge is Tiny Tim's Agent the following will display:

Tiny Tim's
Address
Block

c/o Ebeneezer Scrooge, Agent for Tiny Tim
One Scrooge Lane
Miser City, Dickens 00000

TEXT OF DOCUMENT

If Tim represents himself (and I need some notation that they are self represented), the following will display

Tiny Tim's
Address
Block

TEXT OF DOCUMENT

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?