Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] kim.braun@gmail.com is offline

Default Complex merge fields/IF statements

(Apologies for cross-posting.)

I would appreciate some help in constructing more complex IF statements with merge fields in a Word merge (Word 2010). I have tried various attempts on my own based off of this site, but without getting the results I'm looking for: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/mailmerge/mmergeiffields.htm

ISSUE 1:
I would like to display the "Title" field only if it is NOT Mr., Mrs., Miss, or Ms. I only want OTHER titles to display (examples are Dr., Col., but those aren't the only ones; they can vary).

I tried this with only two of the four titles that I don't want as an example, but it isn't working properly:
{IF {MERGEFIELD Title}="Mr." {IF {MERGEFIELD Title}="Ms." "" {MERGEFIELD Title}}}

ISSUE2:
I would like to display the year that someone graduates (their "ClassYear" field). Usually, this is one year, but sometimes there is a graduate who earned two or three degrees. I want to show "ClassYear2" or "ClassYear3" (and a comma preceding each of them) only if there is content in those fields.

ISSUE3:
Spacing issues. I have a MiddleName and a NickName field that will sometimes have information, sometimes not. I want to only include appropriate spaces when either or both of those fields have content. (I imagine this is similar to the comma issue above.)

Thank you for any assistance.