Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
veggiephd veggiephd is offline

Default Table AutoFit Not Working

First posting: I tried to post a new thread, but no "new post" window opens,
so....
Autofit for column width works fine for all columns in a newly created
table, except the first column in which I have put auto numbers. The column
is too wide. When I DC the right border to auto fit, it makes the column
even wider. When I move the border manually to the size I want (good fit
without excess margins), it hides the number text slightly. The only
adjustment to the column has been to make the numbers right flush. I have
tried making a new table in a new document, and get the same results. (By
the way, how do I make the right flush alignment option button show in the
toolbar? Only get the left and center alignment options.)

"koala824 at Comcast" wrote:

When I invoke Table AutofFit in Word 2003, it makes column adjustments, but
they are not correct. Specifically, some cell entries spill over to a second
line in the cell when there is actually plenty of room to put everything on
a single line. This even happens with a single word ending in 's' where the
's' is separated from the rest of the word and put on the second line.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ted