Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Will[_4_] Will[_4_] is offline

Default Wordpad: Which fonts are mono-spaced?

Sometimes it does seem like it predates typewriters, but that's another story. As I mentioned, the Courier font doesn't work
for me because its too fine and there is almost no difference between bold and non-bold. So I hoping for other recommendations,
please.

To Suzanne: There is no Wordpad newsgroup. This seemed as close as possible. As Wordpad is included with XP it seemed logical to
post there. As this is a font question, it seemed logical to post in a word processing newsgroup whose "parent" is the same
(Microsoft.) Hope that makes sense.

Unless your computer predates typewriters, it will have the Courier font.

Some websites mention monospaced fonts in Wordpad that I don't have. Courier and some other ones (that I have) are so fine that
its hard to read. Also the difference between Bold and Normal is almost indistinguishable. In non-monospaced fonts there's a
clear difference in Bold and non-Bold type. Any suggestions for a "thicker" monospaced font? Also, I'm writing this from Windows
Live Mail and its not allowing me to add words to the dictionary when I right click a word that has the red line underneath it.
There is so much computer slang I want to add. And does anybody know where this dictionary is so I can back it up?