Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Richard in AZ Richard in AZ is offline

Default Wordpad: Which fonts are mono-spaced?

"Charles W Davis" wrote in message

"BillW50" wrote in message ...
In ,
Paul Randall typed on Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:42:34 -0600:
Finding a font with all the properties you want is a PIA. Sorting on
an important property like monospacing is impossible in windows
explorer. One monospaced font that often works for me is Lucinda
Console. It is available here if not already on your computer:
http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free...%20Console.ttf

-Paul Randall

"Will" wrote in message
Some websites mention monospaced fonts in Wordpad that I don't have.
Courier and some other ones (that I have) are so fine that its hard
to read. Also the difference between Bold and Normal is almost
indistinguishable. In non-monospaced fonts there's a clear
difference in Bold and non-Bold type. Any suggestions for a
"thicker" monospaced font? Also, I'm writing this from Windows Live
Mail and its not allowing me to add words to the dictionary when I
right click a word that has the red line underneath it. There is so
much computer slang I want to add. And does anybody know where this
dictionary is so I can back it up?

Lucinda Console is what Notepad uses by default. Another often overlooked monospaced font is
Terminal.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

Arial is the default on both my Windows XP Pro and Windows Vista Home Premium...

On my computer the following fonts are non-proportional.
Consolas, Courier, Daja Vu Sans Mono, Lucida Console, OCR A Extended, Quick type II Mono & Victoria
Let.