Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Will[_4_] Will[_4_] is offline

Default Wordpad: Which fonts are mono-spaced?

I'm using DejaVu Sans Mono. Sounds like a venereal disease from a past life.
Its got a fairly pleasant look to it and there is a big difference between bold and non-bold.

You might try word.printingfonts. Are you using Courier (a screen font) or Courier New?
Suzanne S. Barnhill

Sometimes it does seem like it predates typewriters, but that's another
story. As I mentioned, the Courier font doesn't work for me because
its too fine and there is almost no difference between bold and non-bold.
So I hoping for other recommendations, please.

To Suzanne: There is no Wordpad newsgroup. This seemed as close as
possible. As Wordpad is included with XP it seemed logical to post there.
As this is a font question, it seemed logical to post in a word processing
newsgroup whose "parent" is the same (Microsoft.) Hope that makes sense.

Unless your computer predates typewriters, it will have the Courier font.

Some websites mention monospaced fonts in Wordpad that I don't have.
Courier and some other ones (that I have) are so fine that its hard to
read. Also the difference between Bold and Normal is almost
indistinguishable. In non-monospaced fonts there's a clear difference
in Bold and non-Bold type. Any suggestions for a "thicker" monospaced
font? Also, I'm writing this from Windows Live Mail and its not allowing
me to add words to the dictionary when I right click a word that has the
red line underneath it. There is so much computer slang I want to add.
And does anybody know where this dictionary is so I can back it up?