Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Will[_4_] Will[_4_] is offline

Default Wordpad: Which fonts are mono-spaced?

Some websites mention monospaced fonts in Wordpad that I don't have. Courier and some other ones (that I have) are so fine that
its hard to read. Also the difference between Bold and Normal is almost indistinguishable. In non-monospaced fonts there's a
clear difference in Bold and non-Bold type. Any suggestions for a "thicker" monospaced font? Also, I'm writing this from Windows
Live Mail and its not allowing me to add words to the dictionary when I right click a word that has the red line underneath it.
There is so much computer slang I want to add. And does anybody know where this dictionary is so I can back it up?

Finding a font with all the properties you want is a PIA.

I'm realizing that!

Sorting on an important property like monospacing is impossible in windows explorer.

Windows Explorer? I'm using it in Wordpad. Not understanding you here.

One monospaced font that often works for me is Lucinda Console.

Yes - didn't realize it was monospaced. Its a nice looking font except it doens't have much bold and non-bold difference. Really
too bad since its a lot nicer than the DejaVu Sans Mono. I make lists and without the ability to bold, I can't highlight stuff as
easily. I could use color I guess. And underline. That is one nice looking font!