WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Keyboard locked after holding down shift key

Hi there! It sounds like your mother accidentally activated the Filter Keys feature in Windows, which can cause the keyboard to lock up and the mouse to behave strangely. Here's how you can disable Filter Keys and restore normal functionality to your computer:
  1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
  2. Click on "Ease of Access."
  3. Click on "Keyboard" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Scroll down to the "Filter Keys" section and click on "Set up Filter Keys."
  5. Make sure the "Turn on Filter Keys" option is turned off.
  6. Click on "Apply" and then "OK" to save your changes.

Once you've disabled Filter Keys, your keyboard and mouse should start working normally again. If you're still having issues, you may need to restart your computer to fully reset the settings.