Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ray S. Ray S. is offline

Default Mailmerge Problem with Word in Office 2003

Thanks Graham,

But the article is pretty useless for my problem. When it gets to the issue
of email merger, pretty much all it offers is putting the old mail merge
helper on a toolbar, but it really does not follow the old process. The
interface is the old one, but the process is the new one, which does not
allow you to configure anything and just sends you to the control panel,
which is not able to do the configuration.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm should help you
get around most of the differences.
I cannot comment on the Lotus Notes issue.

Ray S. wrote:
I just installed Office 2003 and am totally disappointed. The
mailmerge wizard in 2000 had its limitations. A major one was that it
didn't allow for grouped on queries. I finally solved that problem
and I was using it to merge emails to Lotus Notes without any
problems. Now, with the new 2003, the wizard is gone and the new
features are cheezier and even less useful than before. I put
together a merge and got an error telling me to set Outlook as my
default mail client. Is there a solution, or do I have to go back to
2000?