Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
NiC NiC is offline

Default Selecting specific columns

Hi everyone,

I have tried and tried and just can't seem to work this out. Being almost
morning probably isn't helping much either. =)

Basically, I'm doing a course where we have to learn to the basics of a
number of different Office progs. We're doing word at the moment. Simple
stuff, based on the 2003 version, but easily adaptable nonetheless. However,
I've come across a problem I can't seem to get around no matter what I try.

Here it is: After learning and then inserting about 3 or so tab points then
entering in some text to demonstrate how they look, we've been asked to
select the middle section of text, the refer to it as a column but it's not
a table that we've done here, it's just using tab stops. Anyway, the book
says to use the Alt button and the left mouse button to select just that
middle 'column'. I can not, for the love of all that is holy, select using
the Alt key or, when I choose to use the Ctrl and left-mouse button's all is
good until I hit save then the third line, out of four, moves back to the
original tab stop whereas everything else stays where it is supposed to.

I hope I've explained myself fairly well, like I said, it's almost and I
almost can't keep my eyes open any longer.

Thanks everyone,
Nic