Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jackie

Default Word 2003 creating copy documents

I'm assured that they are not sending links or indeed the document, but
simply the document name, the user then browses to this folder and
opens the document. they are later finding that a copy has been
created. I will investigte though that they are not sending a link
without realising.

John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] wrote:
Bingo!! There you go :-)

Lotus Notes does not send a user a unique document internally, it sends the
user a LINK to the original. When the user opens the link, Notes makes a
copy or the original, which the user must then save somewhere :-)

See your Notes Administrator: they may need to adjust their user access
permissions for the users who are experiencing this problem.

(The way a Notes system is usually set up, no users have the ability to
actually "change" an original document, Notes keeps the original read-only
and enables users to create new "versions" of the original).

Cheers

On 8/2/06 8:16 PM, in article
, "Jackie"
wrote:

Thans for this John - but I'm afraid we don't use Outlook for e-mail -
we use Lotus Notes! The secs are definitely not copying part of the
document or sending a document link - they are emailing the document
name as info only. I'll check out the file types option though - so
thanks.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410