Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
covingj covingj is offline

Default IF statement using numerical expression with a text result

I am trying to create a IF statement that will test a numerical expression
that will result in a text string. Of course I can get this to work in Excel,
but when I put the Excel object into a Word document, it gets ugly when you
go to use it. With my end users, the page can't be changing or they freak out.

Anyway, the statement I'm trying to create in the table would be like so:

=IF (High 540, "Pass", "Fail")

High is a named text field where the user enters a monetary value which is
then tested to determine if the result is pass/fail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.