Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default I cannot get the footer to print out or show in print preview.

As a test, go to File Page Setup Layout, and set the Footer 'from edge'
value to something large (eg 30mm or 2 inches). If it now works, the problem
was that your footer was below your printer's bottom margin. Check your
printer manual and settings for the minimum value.

"Sky06" wrote in message
I'm using Windows 97 and I cannot get the footer on Word documents to
print
out. The text shows up in print layout but not in print preview, nor will
it
print out but the header is fine - i'm baffled.