Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

Default Company logo displays w/red x

Sorry that didn't work. There is another view setting you could check, it's
called picture placeholders. On your 2007 machine, look under Word Options,
View. If that is checked, it can cause the X's to appear.

"Jeff" wrote:

Final,

Thanks but it didn't help. Works fine in Word 2003 but Word 2007 doesn't
work. The logo, which is on forms our accounting department receives are
links to the internet. Not sure why it works in 2003 and not in 2007.

"finalword" wrote:

It sounds like the pictures are not actually embedded into the document but
rather an INCLUDEPICTURE field is there that is grabbing the picture from an
protected area (your firm Intranet). There is a quick way to tell:
---Go to Word Options | View Tab
--Check Field Codes and make sure you are viewing all formatting characters
(i.e. non-printing characters)
--Choose OK
--Look in the document where your pictures should be and see if you have an
INCLUDEPICTURE field code instead.

If this is the case, you will need to copy the picture and paste it into a
graphics program like paint and save it. Then add it back to the document,
deleting the IncludePicture field.

"Jeff" wrote:

We recently converted to Office 2007 and I have a question on Word 2007. I
have multiple documents that were created in Word 2003 that we received from
other companies that have their logo. In Word 2003 when we open them we are
prompted for our ID and Password for our firewall, once entered the logo
appears. In Word 2007 we are not prompted for our ID and password and the
logo does not appear. Any ideas?