Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TDMedia TDMedia is offline

Default Word 2003: Closing the file only...NOT the whole program!

Did anyone ever find the solution to this problem?

I have an icon of a trash can on my Word 2003 tool bar. In the past,
when I clicked on it, it would only close the document I was working
on, but would leave the Word program open. Suddenly, when I click on
the trash can, Word closes down altogether.

I've made sure the icon is not set to "Close All."

Nothing has changed in my system, except that I may have automatically
downloaded some Microsoft updates.

This has been discussed before, but I don't think anyone ever published
a solution. Any ideas???