Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default disable format warning message on saving

Well, you did post in the .newusers NG, and we tend to assume that new users
may be less clueful than more experienced ones. g

"stef" wrote in message
don't worry about other people.
they can take care of themselves, believe me.

don't reply if u don't know the answer.
it just wastes time for u and for the op.

also it could give the false impression the op might have been answered
already to someone casually looking at what threads to reply to--god
knows there are enough of them to read.

--

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Well, it was always possible that you had the file type set to .txt
inadvertently. We can't always tell a poster's level of expertise
from a short message.

In any case, I don't know the answer (which I imagine will require
VBA) but wanted to make sure that anyone who did post it would not be
doing so in vain, when what you really needed was just to change the
file type.