Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Barney Katz Barney Katz is offline

Default Word loads very slowly

I'm using Microsoft Word 2002 (10.6826.6825) SP3 under Windows Vista Home
Premium. Upon installation, Word loaded very quickly but now it takes almost
30 seconds to load. To troubleshoot the problem, I loaded Word through RUN
winword.exe /a which loads Word without templates and add-ins. The test run
was successful; Word loaded instantly. Now I'm looking for a way to correct
the problem.

I seem to have deleted or removed all templates or add-ins from Tools menu
Templates and Add-ins but I'm not sure if some remnants of them remain
somewhere on the system. What should I do to get Word to load quickly again?

Thank you.

Barney