Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge Outcome Validation

Execute the merge directly to a printer and then the user will not have the
opportunity to change anything, or use the addin that you can down load from
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm and execute the merge to
separate .pdf files rather that Word documents.

But, if a user is likely to change the result of a merge, aren't they as
likely to change the data source?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mushinma" wrote in message
Thanks for getting back to me. I have not found any discrepancy between
the
mail merge result and source data. However, there might be opportunities
for
human manipulation after the mail merge. for instance, change Number A to
Number B in Word doc We are trying to do a final comparison before the
mail
merge document become effective to catch the manipulation that has been
done
to it to eliminate any error.
--
Learning InfoPath

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I do not think that there is any other way of achieving the result. Have
you ever found a discrepancy between the merged output and the data in
Excel?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mushinma" wrote in message
The reason for this exercise is to fulfill some audit control purposes.
The
current process in place is Person A performs the mail merge and then
Person
B spot checks the mail merge result with original Excel data source.
However,
a lot of time, the data to be merged could be large (up to 1000
separate
records), which makes the spot check really time consuming and
cumbersome.

--
Learning InfoPath

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Most people have better things to do. The only way to do it would be
physically compare the data in Excel source with that in the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mushinma" wrote in message
I mail-merged 10 records of source data from MS Excel 2003 into an
one
page
MS Word 2003 template. The mail merge completed sucessfully with a
10-page
outcome Word file containing all records from the merge.

My question is: is there a way I can compare the merged data in the
final
Word document with the original Excel data? In other words, if I
have
firstName: A, B, C in the source Excel file, I want to know whether
after
the
mail merge value A, B, C is in the merged document with the exact
value
and
order as original.

Thanks in advance!!!