Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Footer Confusion

In the Section 2 footer, click on Link to Previous (on the Header and Footer
toolbar) to turn it off; then delete the page number from Section 1.

"Karen" wrote in message
I've been playing with this and now I have the title page footer as "i"
and
the next two pages as "i" and "ii"
HELP!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes. You'll need to put it in a section by itself (unlinked from the
numbered ones). If you were using arabic numbering for the next section,
you
could start the numbering at zero and use "Different first page" to omit
the
number on that first page, but unfortunately roman numbering doesn't
allow
for zero. g

"Karen" wrote in message
These directions are great! Thanks! Is it possible to make the Title
page
footer blank like I want?
Thanks, Karen

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, but note that the first page should be i even if it doesn't have
number printed on it. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a document that has 43 pages. I want the footers to be a bit
different. I want page one to be blank, page two to be "i", page
three
be
"ii" and pages 4 through 42 to be 1 through 40. Can this be done in
Word
2003?

Thanks, Karen