Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey

Default Any way to copy two paragraphs from one cell to multiple cells?

If you really need just part of one cell pasted to multiple other selected
cells, then you will have to use a macro something like this:

Sub CopyPartOfOneCelltoSelectedCells()
Dim MyData As DataObject
Dim strClip As String
Dim oCell As Cell
Set MyData = New DataObject
MyData.GetFromClipboard
strClip = MyData.GetText
For Each oCell In Selection.Cells
oCell.Range.Text = strClip
Next
End Sub

See:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...eClipboard.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
If you select the whole cell and copy it, then paste to a range of
cells, everything will be pasted into those cells.

"Kelly" wrote in message
I have built a table in Word 2003. The table has seven columns and
many rows. I wish to copy the contents of one cell to almost all
the cells in a
column. The contents of the one cell has two paragraphs. I select
the one
cell and click the copy button the toolbar. I then select all the
cells where I wish to paste the contents of the original cell. I
click the paste
button on the toolbar. The results are odd. The first paragaph is
pasted to
the first, third, fifth cell and so on. Every other cell receives
the first
paragraph from the original cell starting with the first cell I
selected to
receive the pasting. The second paragraph is pasted to the second,
fourth,
sixth cell and so on. Every other cell receives the second
paragraph from the original cell starting with the second cell I
select to receive the pasting. I've tried everything I can think to
do. Is there an easy way to copy two paragraphs from one cell to multiple
cells
with each cell receiving the contents of the original cell and not
parsing the contents of the orignail cell to many cells?

I appreciate any help you can provide.