Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kclark kclark is offline

Default Mail Merge With Seperate Source and Header files

Peter,

The fields are coming from the mainframe as text, bu the text file is being
saved a a Word doc before the mail merge. However, after reading your first
response I attempted the merge with both the Header and the source being text
files and Word is still pop up the choose delimiter box for both header and
source files. I then get the error "Word was unable to open source file"

To anser Ed's question...None of the header field names contain characters
that can be used as a delimiter option.