Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I find and replace bullet symbols (not style)?

If you can actually select the bullets (as opposed to selecting the entire
column of bullets when you click on one in recent versions of Word), then
you can use Alt+X to get the Unicode character code (Word 2002 and 2003).
You can then search for ^Unnnn or ^unnnn (supposedly; I'm having difficulty
making either of these work).

Aha, it turns out that you have to enter the *decimal* value of the Unicode
character, which Word's Symbol dialog provides only as hex. sigh And
although Word's help quotes ^Unnnn, the capital U generates an error
message. Luckily, you can use the Windows calculator to convert hex values
to decimal.

"86Ranger" wrote in message
Wicked cool! I didn't know I could do that. Its not really a solution for
deleting my thousands of bullets, but it is a neat little trick I didn't

know
before. Thank you.

I still would really benefit from knowing how to search out and destroy
these little beggers with the Find Replace option.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the bulleted paragraphs have a hanging indent, you could use
column-select (Alt+drag) to select the bullets and delete.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"86Ranger" wrote in message
When converting documents from WordPerfect to MSWord, bullet

characters
are
carried over. These characters are not associated with a bullet style

and
need to delete them. These bullet characters seem to be symbols, but I

can't
find and replace them. I have tried using the ^nnn and ^0nnn and ^unnn

seach
codes, but I am having no luck.