Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default mail merge from excel-date in excel January 1, 2005 -merged dbase.

Word ignores any formatting from Excel so you have to apply it in Word using
a formatting switch http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm
In this case {Mergefield datefieldname \@ "MMMM d, yyyy"}

Elaine Ballon wrote:
I have an excel database with dates. I have formatted the dates in
excel so they are January 1, 2006 - When I do a merge using my excel
sheet as the information database, the columns that have the date
spelled out change to a date of 1/1/06. What can I do so the date
colums format does not change during the merge.