Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Default Missing the letter x

Steven & Tony,
Thanks for the input. Doubt it's the keyboard since in 2 instances System
Restore solved the problem. If it happens again I will change the keyboard
as I have another and will run all my anti-spyware programs.
Stan
"StevenM" stevencraigmiller(at)comcast(dot)net wrote in message
Stan,

If the problem is a sticky key, you can pop off the key, and clean
underneath with a Q-tip.

Steven Craig Miller

"Stan" wrote:

Running XP SP2 and Word 2003, Outlook Express 6. A few weeks ago when
typing
in Word and OE the letter "x" would not show. Obviously it is okay now
because I can type "x" but the problem just came back. I fixed it then
and
again now by using System Restore but I would like to find out what
causes
this. As far as I know I didn't do anything unusual to make this happen.
Didn't install anything. Just did some surfing and emailing and all was
well
before I discovered this behavior. Any ideas? Thanks.
Stan