Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Brian Brian is offline

Default Word 2000 Macro not working properly w/merge

I think you may have lost me here, I replace all of the code and put the path
the excel file is stored in?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Oops! You'll need to retain the line
sPassword = "" 'insert form password, if applicable, between quotes

Graham Mayor wrote:
I believe that this function was introduced with Word 2002. You can
by-pass it by changing the lines

Dim fDialog As FileDialog

Set fDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
sPassword = "" 'insert form password, if applicable, between quotes
With fDialog
.Title = "Select Folder to store the documents and click OK"
.AllowMultiSelect = False
.InitialView = msoFileDialogViewList
If .Show -1 Then
MsgBox "Cancelled By User"
Exit Sub
End If
DocDir = fDialog.SelectedItems.Item(1)
If Right(DocDir, 1) "\" Then DocDir = DocDir + "\"
End With

for

DocDir = "c:\path\"

where C:\Path is the folder that you would have selected had you been
able to

Brian wrote:
here is where i get the error user defined type not definted
Dim fDialog As FileDialog

"Brian" wrote:

I'm getting an error in this line of code, states it's undefined
Code:
Dim fDialog As FileDialog

"Brian" wrote:

the code in that link doesn't work, I'm getting some complier
errors, and I'm not very familiar w/programming to try to fix it.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the article "Combining FormFields and Mail Merge" on the
following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

http://www.gmayor.com/Form_Fields_and_Mail_Merge.htm

If that information is of use to you, please do consider
contributing to the maintenance of that website to ensure its
continued availability.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

msnews.microsoft.com "Brian"
wrote in message
I'm creating a word merge into a new doc. I have text fields that
aren't merging, so I looked for help and found this macro on MS
support that's suppose to fix it and have the merge retain any
text fields. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211308/
I put it all in, and it works except on the 2nd page of the doc
it leaves the place holders. The doc is only two pages after the
merge, 3 before the merge, anyone know why the it creates text
fields on the first page, but not
on the second page?