Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aris Meneshian Aris Meneshian is offline

Default Table of Contents

Stefan,
Thanks for you suggestion. I tried it and then tried to change the spacing,
but single space was already selected. I went into paragraph formatting, but
there was nothing I could figure out which may be causing the problem. I am
not well versed in formating. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The entry suggests that direct paragraph formatting has been applied to the
table of contents. Select the TOC, and press Ctrl+Q to clear the direct
formatting. Then press F9 to update the TOC. You should now be able to
modify the relevant TOC styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Aris Meneshian" wrote in message
I look at the styles and format. It shows "TOC1+after: 0 pt." I don't know
what to make of it. In the list of styles, this is the only item that
refers
to TOC. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need to modify the TOC styles, which you should be able to do by
modifying any one of the entries at a given level, since the styles are
set
to update automatically.

http://word.mvps.org

"Aris Meneshian" wrote in
message
When I print the table of contents, it prints in double spaced. How can
change it to single spaced? It also comes up in bold, any reason? I can
change it to normal by selecting the table and turning off the bold
function.

.

.