Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Cell Selection in Word 2003 Tables

Hi ?B?SmVycnkgSA==?=,

What do I change or reset to be able to see the arrow to select a cell in a
table?When I try to select a cell in a table in Word, I do not get the arrow
for the cell. I get a vertical bar with bars to the right that change as I
move around in the cell (formatting display I guess). I can select entire
rows and/or columns.

I'm guessing you've formatted the table to position freely on the page and you
have Word 2002, possibly with no Service packs installed? Upgrade your
installation or make sure the table is positioned with NO text wrapping
(Table/Table properties).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org