Risseecm

Greg,

I tried the test you suggested and it again simply put a page break in my
typed text rather than inserting it after evaluating the formula. Here's my
formula:

{IF {MERGEFIELD "Supv_Name"}{SUPV} "New" "Same"}

{SUPV} is a stored value containing the current supervisor's name. I'm
trying to put the page break where I have typed New so that if the data shows
a supervisor that's different from the current value, the next data set will
print on a new page. I don't know if this matters, but I have this formula
in a table.

Any suggestions?

"Greg" wrote:

RIsseecm,

Try this test.

Type True

Select it and bookmark with the name Test

Type this text IF Test = "True"""""

Select that and press CTRL+F9

Put your cursor between the first pair of empty speech marks and insert
a page break. InsertBreakPage Break

That is it. You need to physically insert the page break in the field
code. When you toggle the field code the break with appear in the
document as long as the condition Test is "True" if you change the
value of the condition and update the field the page break will not
appear in the document.