Carla Bradley

I had incorrect information. She had this to say.

The Data Form does come up and I am able to input the information. What
doesnt work is the View Source button on the Data Form. Before I could hit
disappears. The question that needs to be asked is how to make the View
Source work on the Data Form. The importance of being able to use View
Source is that I can spellcheck there. Bottom line is that I need somewhere
to spellcheck my inputted information. If we can find out either how to make
information, that is what I need.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

When you use the data form you /are/ using source data. If she previously
used an earlier version of Word, I would guess that she, or someone, had
created a Word document, set it up as a mail merge main document with a
specific data source (probably another Word document if it was in Word 2000
or 97) and saved it. Then all she would have to do to use it would be to
open the document and go into the edit function.

In Word 2003 you can probably do something very similar. However,
a. if you create a data source using the mail merge wizard in Word 2003,
Word creates a special form of single-table Jet (Access) .mdb called an
Office Address List
b. you would need to find the Edit Mail Merge List command and put it on a
toolbar - you can find it by opening Tools|Customize, selecting category All
Commands, and looking in the alphabetic list on the right.

I hope that gives you some clues, anyway.

Peter Jamieson

"Carla Bradley" wrote in message
I have a client that uses mail merge, but she doesn't use source data. She
uses the data form button to create entries. She has Word 2003. Now when
she
clicks the data form button nothing happens. I was able to get her to that
menu by using the mail merge wizard, but she won't do that. Wants to just
open the document and click the data form button and enter her data. Any
ideas why it may not be working?