Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

Default what happened to file search in word?

Will this be an option for word in the future?

"Beth Melton" wrote:

As Bob noted, the search function now belongs to Windows. Note that if
using Office 2007 on Vista you'll have an instant search capability in
the common dialog boxes.

For Windows XP, if you haven't installed the Windows Desktop Search
yet you should. It will perform an instant search that is SO much
faster than the old Windows Search and you can preview each file in
the search results.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Office 2007 Preview Site:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx
Office 2007 Community Articles/Tutorials:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...e_archive.mspx

MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Harvey" wrote in message
In word 2003 I could search for a file by typing a word or phrase
and it
would give me the file that the word was located in. This seems to
be lacking
in the new Word.