Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Need a legend of floating icons.

The only benefit I can see to it is that it at least enables the most
clueless of users to center text properly. I got a document the other day
where all the text was meant to be centered, and the "centering" had been
done with a combination of left indents, tabs, spaces, etc.

"RJ56" wrote in message
Thank you so very much!! I totally agree, it is worse than useless. It

is
extremely annoying! Thanks again!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Look in the help for the topic "About Click and Type". It has pictures

and
explanations of all the cursor decorations.

If you don't want the feature (and a lot of us think it's useless or

worse),
go to Tools Options Edit and uncheck "Enable click and type".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

RJ56 wrote:
As I move my pointer around on the page of my document, little
pictures attached themselves to the I bar. Is there a legend to
explain what they mean?