Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default SHORTCUT KEY

FWIW, in the Word 2003 Help topic "Keyboard shortcuts," in the section
"Character and paragraph formatting," the item "Apply character formats,"
which *does* list Ctrl+Spacebar, does *not* list Ctrl+Shift+Z. I have
usually viewed that Help topic as being pretty comprehensive, but it appears
it's not definitive.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Suzanne,

FWIW, the first Word MSKB article where the Ctrl+Shift+Z shortcut
appears is one for Word v6
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/123302?FR=1
From the description it seems to have been added to allow similar commands
to be used on the PC and mac description.

It appears again in the article for Word 2002/2003/2007
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290938?FR=1
It doesn't appear in the Word 97 or Word 2000 articles that the Word
2002/2003/2007 article links to.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

I've certainly never seen it advertised. If anything, I'd expect it to do
the same thing as Ctrl+Z, in the same way that Ctrl+Shift+B and
Ctrl+Shift+I
(unless reassigned, as they are on my system) do the same thing as Ctrl+B
and Ctrl+I.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP