Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Macros--Enable or Disable??

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/atta...ate/index.html

"Joe McGuire" wrote in message
Charles--I went to ToolsTemplates & Add-Ins but I frankly don't

understand
what I am attaching to what. I am not really sure what "attaching" means

in
this context. If I create a document from a template, is it "attached" to
that template after I save it? Does that mean every word document is
attached to some template, even if it was created from Normal.dot? Or is
this an issue only with templates or documents that contain macros? The
document in question was originally made using a template (phonelog.dot,
which contains macros--actually macro buttons), and I have a copy of that
template back in the default folder for templates. Am I attaching this
document to that template? Or to Normal.dot?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
Yes, the link is disrupted. You need to reattach the template. Tools
Templates and Add-Ins. Do this even if the template is showing as the
attached template. Also, make sure the box to update styles is not
checked.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Joe McGuire" wrote in message
Actually, the document where this most often occurs is derived from a
template. The template is a monthly log of credit card phone calls and
it contains a macro button to enter the date and time of a call and
another to pull a Contact's name and phone number from Outlook. I use
the document thus created for a month and then create a new one from

the
template. The template, along with others, is stored at the default
location on our Terminal Server. I do not seem to get the macro

message
when I create a document from this or other templates that contain
macros.

However, I wonder if some sort of link between my current document and
the template from which it was actually created was disrupted earlier
this month when the hard drive in our Terminal Server failed and was
replaced. All templates on the drive were lost and I had to copy all my
templates from another location.

"Joe McGuire" wrote in message
I have two or three Word documents containing macros (macroButtons,
mainly) that I access frequently, such as a telephone log to log long
distance phone calls. Whenever I open any of them I get a message

asking
if I want to Enable or Disable macros. It is a minor pain in the guess
what. Is there a way to prevent this? I know I can shut offf all
security and/or allow all macros. But I am only talking about 2-3
documents. Is there a way to set these few documents so I am not bugged
by this message whenever I open them?