Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default I stronlysuggest that icon-editing capability be re-introduced

Hi Terry,

Be sure to note the OBTW (oh, by the way) items (Notes and Warning g) in that article and in the linked one to other related
content.

Unfortunately, as noted during testing and in the 'Warning' on that page, when you add one of the names of the internal images to
the QAT file, as soon as you modify the QAT again (add or delete an item) the .QAT (XML) file is rewritten with the standard command
for each item on the QAT at that time (i.e. you'll lose the custom applied, but only one of those internally stored in the Office
app, graphic).

If you use the method for storing QAT customization segment *within* a document/template, rather than as part of the standalone .QAT
file itself those customization of images survive the changes to the standalone .QAT.

Still voting for return either as an add-on, standalone, or integrated the Icon editor/paste capability from previous versions in
the next version g.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message ...
Jay

Brilliant! I must experiment with this. But not quite as simple as previous
versions though. g

Terry Farrell
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)