Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nandha Nandha is offline

Default How can I make a custom bibliography style?

Dear Yves, i think sorting is better than nothing, and my option would go to
the first one

[1] xyz
abc (with abc being under xyz)

so this means that i cannot put numbers in the citation ( i have to do it
manually )?, because in the chicago style, it will put (names, years) instead
of (index number) basically for citation i would like to use the numbered
ISO, but for the bibliography i would like to use the chicago style with
number, but any of that improvement is fine by me. Because i already got the
answer, no matter what we will have to edit it manually in the end.

Thank you Yves

PS : I gave up writing my thesis using LATEX because of time limit (don't
have much time to make a template), so i will use WYSIWYG like word instead,
but i am beginning to like word cause you can work with script using visual
studio, also.

"p0" wrote:

On 18 Jun, 15:58, Nandha wrote:
Hello Yves

Could you make the chicago style to a numbered style and i would like to
make it into [] instead of ()

Thanks

"p0" wrote:

Dear Nandha,

In the Chicago reference style, the elements in the bibliography are
ordered in a certain way (alphabetically by main contributor). So if
you want the in-text citations to be numbered, you would have to
communicate the place of an entry from the bibliography to the
citation. To my knowledge this is not possible in Word 2007. I posted
some notes as to why at http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography...ThreadId=28347
(5th post).

If you want to use numbers in-text, your only option is to 'sort' your
bibliography at the end of your text in the order the citation
elements appear in the text. Is that ok with you? If not, I'm afraid I
can't help you. If it is, let me know and I'll post the changes. Also
tell me if, in your bibliography at the bottom, the text should be
aligned differently from the number (hanging) or not. I mean (hoping
this gets formatted correctly):
[1] xyz
abc (with abc being under xyz)

or