Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chrog Chrog is offline

Default How can I make a custom bibliography style?

Hello, I have been reading this string of posts and I think that maybe
someone here might be able to help me. I need to alter the APA style to the
LSA style. They are pretty much the same except Word 2007 keeps truncating
some author's first names, and putting parentheses aroung the date.

I am pretty sure there is a limit on the string length for the author's name
that might be increased but I have no idea where to look for it. I have no
clue how to fix the parentheses issue.

"dswtan" wrote:

Yves -- this is great help, thank you. The () -- [] requirement is common in
my experience in technical academic research. I'm really surprised that
square brackets was not the default or a switch allowed this transformation,
but I expect Word ran with whatever was the official standard. It is not de
facto common practice though. I really hope your help is made more prominent
in due course, e.g. in the on-line help for Word, because it took quite a
while to find it in here!

"p0" wrote:

On 9 jul, 10:46, Marc Trumpi
wrote:
Hi Yves,

To expand a little on the former posts, I would like to use the IEEE style,
but instead of using standard numbering ( [1], [2]...) I would like to insert
the 'tag' between the brackets.
For instance:
[5] R. Hauffe, et al., "Methods for Passive Fiber Chip Coupling of
Integrated Optical Devices," IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, vol..
24, no. 4, pp. 450-455, Nov. 2001.
would become
[Hau01] R. Hauffe, et al., "Methods for Passive Fiber Chip Coupling of
Integrated Optical Devices," IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, vol..
24, no. 4, pp. 450-455, Nov. 2001.
And of course I would like the inline citations to be the same.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Hi Marc,

It comes down to replacing b:RefOrder with b:Tag in all but one place
in the stylesheet.

I posted a version at http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography...eleaseId=15183

Don't forget to read the remarks section at that page on how to change
the sorting order.

HTH

Yves