Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
s s is offline

Default How can I make a custom bibliography style?

Hi Yves,
Thanks for your awesome code! I was just wondering...when I hit the 'insert
citation' button, all my references in the main text are reference [1] even
though they are sorted and numbered correctly in the actual bibliography at
the end. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

"Nandha" wrote:

A million thanks to you Yves.
It was released 2 days ago, i didn't relize it. It is actually perfect, i
was mistaken to understand your words at that time. I realized that what i
want is just like this, the number to apear in order and the bibliography
apear as its appearance in the document.

Once again thank you sooo much

PS : i tried to understand the XSL file, bleeeh its not easy isn't it, too
complex

"p0" wrote:

On 19 jun, 09:56, Nandha wrote:
Dear Yves, i think sorting is better than nothing, and my option would go to
the first one

[1] xyz
abc (with abc being under xyz)

so this means that i cannot put numbers in thecitation( i have to do it
manually )?, because in the chicago style, it will put (names, years) instead
of (index number) basically forcitationi would like to use the numbered
ISO, but for thebibliographyi would like to use the chicago style with
number, but any of that improvement is fine by me. Because i already got the
answer, no matter what we will have to edit it manually in the end.

Thank you Yves

PS : I gave up writing my thesis using LATEX because of time limit (don't
have much time to make a template), so i will use WYSIWYG like word instead,
but i am beginning to like word cause you can work with script using visual
studio, also.

Dear Nandha,

If you check the numbered ISO style (ISO 690 - Numerical Reference)
you will see that the entries in the bibliography at the bottom are
not sorted by name but rather by their position as in-text citation.
This is the only way you can use numbers as references in Word 2007.

http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography...eleaseId=14597
will do partially what you want. By removing the sorting rule (as
explained on the release notes) you will have your bibliography in
order. So if you then convert both your bibliography and your in-text
citations to static text, you will just have to do a find, replace
operation to change every [x] into an [y].

LaTeX also has WYSIWYG-editors, for example LEd (http://
www.latexeditor.org/). It is just that some projects stubbornly refuse
to build them in reasoning that you do not need them to verify the
layout.

BR,

Yves