Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
alex gross alex gross is offline

Default A new page problem...

Hello again, Suzanne, I've been doing a lot of work, it looked for a while
as though I had all the page numbers working in the footers, so I went on to
entering all my Chapter names in the headers. Then I came back and decided
I want my page numbers to be 12 pt instead of 10 pt (which I guess may be
your default), so I opened the right-page odd-number footer and reformatted
the number "1." That seemed to work alright, so I then went to the
left-page even-number footer and tried to change "2" the same way.

It didn't work, or rather it did work, but now I have the number 2 on every
left-hand page in the 700 pages of this book. The right-hand pages seem to
be numbered correctly.

I've looked at some of the extensive material on page numbers under your
Help system but so far can't seem to find anything to cover this.

Once again, I suspect there's a simple answer, but I just can't figure it
out.

So once again I'd be most grateful for your help...

Thanks in advance!

alex